How do I clean the dehydrator trays? Are they dishwasher-safe?
Plastic dehydrator trays can only be washed in the dishwasher’s top rack if they are removed before the drying cycle starts.
If washing by hand, allow the trays to cool first. Soak them in hot, soapy water to easily remove food residue. If needed, use a soft brush to clean.
Note: Do not put the mesh screen or fruit roll sheet in the dishwasher.
How do I clean the inside of the dehydrator?
You can wipe the inside of the dehydrator with a slightly moist, non-abrasive sponge or cloth. Do not immerse the dehydrator in water. Do not clean any part of the dehydrator with abrasive chemicals because this will damage the surface.
If needed, you can:
- Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda + 1 tablespoon of water to form a spreadable paste.
- Apply it to the dirty areas, then use a soft-bristled brush (such as a toothbrush) to scrub.
- Let the mixture sit for at least an hour, then wipe the inside with a damp cloth.
As an alternative:
- Mix 1 cup of white vinegar + 1 tablespoon of cornstarch in a pot.
- Heat it on medium heat until it thickens.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
4. Apply the paste to the dirty areas and let it sit for about 20 minutes, then wipe the paste off with a paper towel or a soft cloth.
Can I purchase additional trays?
We do not have additional dehydrator trays available for purchase at this time.